Monday, February 4, 2008

Week 4 - Animation Blog

I read the Well’s article on animation and I found it relatively interesting. Animation is one thing that I have been passionate about lately. Recently all Disney and other films that have been coming out of Hollywood have all been made with CGI. No one is truly animating their films anymore. They just use computers. In my opinion CGI is neat and everything but, it looks too fake and I miss the look and feel of old animation. Now I’m not saying they should give up on CGI all together, but they should have a mix of animation and computer animation. Enchanted was a breath of fresh air, The whole first ten minutes of the movie was completely animated and it felt good to see that on the big screen again. Every time I go to see the new Disney or Pixar film they always feel the same, like that don’t have any depth to them. They have come a long way with computer animation and it does look amazing but, nothing beats good old 2D animation. The article spoke of Looney Toons cartoons and how each character had there own voice and style, with CGI every character looks and acts the same. They don’t even show old animated cartoons on television anymore. I think they should bring make old school animation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home