Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Assignment 6 Evaluation

The last project of the year is by far my favorite. I think I had more fun coming up with a weird concept off the top of my head in a day than I did spending half a month on the others. I decided not to plan a story until I saw the object. The only thing I had decided on was that the camera types I would use I didn't want them to act like a camera. I wanted them to be apart of the story so they are just watching the action as it happens. The camera styles I wanted to use was a Mac webcam, and a cellphone. So this is the only concepts I had going in. After finding out that the mystery object was an egg, my mind started to race with ideas. My first thought was I wanted you to be able to see the egg in every shot for different reasons, I wanted it to be several different things in a world that doesn't seem to notice. The first scene its a ring, the second scene the egg was a mouse for a computer, in the next scene it becomes a gag ball, then a knife for the remainder of the film. At first I wanted to tell a story of a girl getting kidnapped and her boyfriend saving her, but I realized it would be too difficult to make a story that made enough sense in a one minute project. Devin DiMattia's idea was that I could turn it into a trailer, so that's what I did. I immediately wrote out a script of shots and what actions need to take place, then wrote in the dialogue of a trailer speaker. The whole project took about 3 hours to actually shoot and edit, but the fun part was creating the kidnapper's costume. I wanted her to look really creepy on camera, so we gave her a ton of black makeup for her eyes and then she wore red lipstick to make her skin look pale. We gave her a one piece white dress, with a leash, a chain, handcuffs, and a studded belt. The result was hilariously horrific. Editing this was also a lot of fun, I always love making trailers and when I added music and the voice over it was amazing. I look forward to seeing every ones reactions to epicness that is "The Egg Hunt".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home